About Me

My photo
I work at Applebees in Mays landing. I just moved down to Galloway from Medford, in an apartment around the beginning of September with my 2 best friends. I have about 3 semesters left at Stockton and then I'm graduating with a B.A. in Sociology. I made this page for my Anthropological Field Methods class to do research on two adolescents for ten weeks.

Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cell Phone...

Over the weekend Jenn explained to me a situation that happened in study hall that I found pretty interesting. She happens to have a teacher in study hall who graduated a year before I did, and she said "do you know him? He's such an asshole!" As we continued to talk about it, she explained that cell phones are not allowed in school, however the teacher can not take it from you if they see you with it. Jenn will not leave her phone for a second, literally, and will throw a fit if her parents true to take it away from her as a form of punishment. I cannot stress enough how secretive and obsessed with her phone she is. Nonetheless, the teacher she "hates" tried to take it from her in Study Hall and she flipped out and told him "no you're not taking my phone, give it back to me I don't care if you write me up it's mine!" He wrote her up, and she never showed for the detention of course. So, her wrote her up again and she didn't show once again, and so now he wants to give her an in school suspension. She talks and acts as if he has no authority over her! She talks to him like, "no it's my phone you're not taking it"! Unbelievable, but just goes to show how important cell phones are to teens in today's society. Also, I cannot imagine talking to a teacher like that when I was in high school!

No comments: