About Me

My photo
I work at Applebees in Mays landing. I just moved down to Galloway from Medford, in an apartment around the beginning of September with my 2 best friends. I have about 3 semesters left at Stockton and then I'm graduating with a B.A. in Sociology. I made this page for my Anthropological Field Methods class to do research on two adolescents for ten weeks.

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Friday Night at my Apartment..

I had the flu from thursday until Sunday, and so Jenn called me Friday and said she needed to "get away" and asked if she could come and stay with me for the night. I was happy to have the company since I was sick and so we decided to order chinese and watch a movie. Her parents drove her down and picked her up saturday morning. We had a great night, and she was very comfortable with me. As for my roomates, they were expecting to see a little convict when they met her, but after the first couple of minutes they said "aww kar she doesn't loook or act like a convict she's so cute". We all got along very well that night and told stories and laughed and had a great time. Jenn was very comfortable with us and just acted like she was hanging out with her own friends. However, the next morning she got up and took a shower and was expecting her parents to pick her up and drive her and her friend to mountain creek to go snowboarding. Her parents said that was too much driving and so they refused to take her. She threw a fit, and my roomates had mentioned that if they ever talked to there parents the way she did they'd get their mouth washed out with soap. Her parents finally arrived and she left, but it made me realize that she is a totally different person with her parents then as she is with her friends. She's a great person and a lot of fun, however she doesn't treat her parents very well and expects them to do everything for her. She's just a typical teen who thinks she has a horrible life and so takes all her anger out on the people who are closest to her.

1 comment:

Professor Rubenstein said...

Good post again--parent/teen relationships-maybe for the final section.

What is your feeling? The "little convict"?